Great-Faith

Lord, grant to me the gift of Great-Faith in these times of struggle, amidst feelings of defeat.

Dear Reader,
I'm sorry if I am redundant quoting other people all the time instead of just saying things myself, but it is amazing the number of ways God speaks to us and through us.  Once again Spurgeon's daily devotional drops into my email box and puts my gloomy attitude into perspective:

Little-faith says, "It is a rough road, beset with sharp thorns, and full of dangers; I am afraid to go;" but Great-faith remembers the promise, "Your bars shall be iron and bronze, and as your days, so shall your strength be"; and so she boldly ventures. Little-faith stands despondently, mingling her tears with the flood; but Great-faith sings, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you," and she crosses the stream at once.


Father, Son, and Spirit, let not these battles be the breaking of my little faith, but the building of foundations for Great Faith.  That when I feel I am fighting against the trials of this world I may walk forward holding on to the promise, "Surely, I am with you always, even to the ends of the age."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears