Humbling...

I'm learning more and more that God will continue to allow me to walk into situations in life that humble me until I get the message.  My only message to others who feel that strain is do not let it knock you down.  God means for us to be humbled because He is the only one with the power to lift us up.  In our weakness He is stronger. That is no small cliche.  That is a fact, a promise, a truth which we can lift up to Him in our times of weakness.  "I lift my eyes to the hills.  Where does my help come from?" says the psalmist in Ps. 121:1  We would be wise to answer as King David did "My help comes from the Lord."  Rather than beat yourself up with regret, look to the lesson God has taught in this time and turn around and praise Him for His goodness and grace.

Isaiah 51:6 -
Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
    and look at the earth beneath;
for the heavens vanish like smoke,
    the earth will wear out like a garment,
    and they who dwell in it will die in like manner;
but my salvation will be forever, (i love this part of the verse)
    and my righteousness will never be dismayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears