"A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever"

This is not the first time i have thought of this quote, but it gets me every time and here is why:

When I bought flowers for myself today I could not wipe this grin off my face, even as i walked all the way home. Completely alone... buying myself flowers... I felt like a million bucks! Every single girl or guy should treat themselves once inawhile.

It started to rain on me as I walked home and my only care was for my flowers. Today's rain felt like God was being romantic and made my flowers more beautiful as little raindrops fell upon the petals.

The same Word that left home with me has come back to me again today:

"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
Matthew 6:28b-30

While I may enjoy the flower for its beauty today, it will be gone tomorrow... But God's promise is eternal. In the end the joy that brought the smile on my face was the knowledge that He will care for me more than the birds of the air or lilies of the fields; furthermore, the God who created such beauty must be indescribably more beautiful than all things; thus, He is my joy forever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears