The Heights and Depths of His Love

This last little paragraph from a Spurgeon devotional this morning just gave me a new energy with which to start my day.  It's one of those rainy icky mornings where I know I have much ahead of me and should probably already be at school but I'm still in pajamas in bed... In all the things that I find oppressive about life's environment and even in battling my own lazy humanly tendencies (which in this case I think it more the issue - because overall my life is quite blessed I should not be complaining), I have the comfort of the love of Christ.  Remembering His love and aspiring to reflect such great love gives me a new vitality to draw from as I begin a new day:

"We never would have known Christ's love in all its heights and depths if He had not died; nor could we guess the Father's deep affection if He had not given His Son to die. The common mercies we enjoy all sing of love, just as the seashell, when we put it to our ears, whispers the sounds of the deep sea from which it came; but if we desire to hear the ocean itself, we must not look at everyday blessings, but at the transactions of the crucifixion. If you want to know love, then go afresh to Calvary and see the Man of Sorrows die."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears