National Poetry Month

I love poetry!  Not always so great at it, but being it's National Poetry Month, why not celebrate with another little bit of wordiness ;)

"Tonight the world is still
Time passes though there feels no movement
Sequestered thoughts whirl through the mind
But outside the barren streets are quiet.

Much toiling lies in the days ahead
The ever-puzzling question comes: When is the end?
Yet... truly long for the end to come?
The end of this season requires stepping
Toward the obscurity of the fearsome Unknown

The heart begs now,
Lord, continue to be made known as the day
in the midst of this melancholy night..."

Soooo a little dramatic, a little different than my typical style, but I hope it speaks to someone tonight.  We are not alone in our questioning and fear, nor are we alone in the quiet nights.  Not always, but I sometimes find the quiet stillness of the night to be a more beautiful and intimate time spent with God than the blazing joys and light of day.  It's a chance to put aside the "inner chatter" of my brain and let my heart soak in the presence of God.  A time to see that when all seems empty it, in fact, is far from empty because HE is there.

Goodnight world :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears