Amy's Song

"Lord I cry out to you from the darkness, 'Bring me light to extinguish my fears,' help me count every one of your mercies as you count every one of my tears. And I need not face this world without you when I leave the comfort of my home, but I need the same faith you showed to me because I know narrow is the road."

These are words from one of my sister's songs.  It gets me every single time.  I can picture her sitting in her college apartment writing this prayer out in her journal and then one day it was put to music and made even more beautiful.  This is where I am now.  And it's a comfort to know she went before me, but even more an encouragement to know that the Lord goes before me.  That He will bring light to extinguish my fears and I need not face this world without Him.

Thank you Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears