Confessions of Love

Walking home from the grocery store a few weeks ago I took these photos.  It was so exciting to finally see some life growing after such a terrible winter.


I am in love with these little blue wildflowers and this space under the tree looks like the most inviting place to sit and write!


This is just to show how it was super rainy, I actually pretty much got soaked on my walk home, but it was one of those afternoons that I felt so powerfully that joy in the hope I have in Christ.  God created this beautiful world and these tiny blue flowers; He created the rain that just washed over me.  I sang along in worship with my iPod and walked and prayed and admired. God is so good! This picture may not do it justice but just the emptiness of the street and the rain drops on the pavement... gave me so so much peace.  I could not help but be filled with joy.


Today as I think about these things and think of how great the Lord is and how He loves us, I am reminded of the "Confessions of Love" by Amy Carmichael that she wrote for her group of women "Sisters of the Common Life" who rescued and raised orphans in India in the late 1800's- early 1900's. I don't remember if I've posted this before, but it is fresh on my heart today, so I hope you don't mind if I possibly have posted it again:

My Vow.
Whatsoever Thou sayest unto me, by Thy grace I will do it.

My Constraint.
Thy love, O Christ, my Lord.

My Confidence.
Thou art able to keep that which I have committed unto Thee.

My Joy.
To do Thy will, O God.

My Discipline.
That which I would not choose, but which Thy love appoints.

My Prayer.
Conform my will to Thine.

My Motto.
Love to live, live to love.

My Portion.
The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance.

Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thou deservest; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labor and not to ask for any reward save that of knowing that we do Thy will, O Lord our God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears