The Patient and the Promise

I find that patience in the faith would be a lot easier if I had a firm guarantee that what I wanted was waiting for me at the end... But that's not how God works. We are called to patience and to trust Him
in whatever the future may bring.

He does promise us salvation and life with Him everlasting. He goes beyond that and sends us blessings in this world too, even though this life will pass away. Is that enough for us? Can we be patient enough knowing we do have a guaranteed promise in the end even if it's not the one we thought we wanted??

Holy Spirit break open this heart and open my eyes to see Your gift is greater and more than enough of anything I could wish for in this life. Grant me patience and trust while I wait.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears