His left hand is under my head And His right hand embraces me, Even when my heart is dead And all within me longs to flee. There is no place I'd rather dwell Than in the here and now, While His love holds back the fires of hell I shall turn and bow. Forgive this weak heart, my Lord, It cannot comprehend The heavenly treasure You've stored up From the beginning to the end. But here I am, merciful God, Laid bare before Your throne You strip away my poor facade And call me as Your own. Amen. These words cannot begin to express the overwhelming thankfulness in my heart tonight. -KF
I said, "Let me walk in the fields." He said, "No; walk in the town." I said, "There are no flowers there." He said, "No flowers, but a crown." I said "But the skies are black, There is nothing but noise and din;" And He wept as He sent me back; "There is more," He said, "there is sin." I said, "But the air is thick, And clouds are veiling the sun." He answered, "Yet souls are sick, and souls in the dark undone." I said, "I shall miss the light, And friends will miss me, they say." He answered, "Choose tonight If I am to miss you, or they." I pleaded for time to be given. He said, "Is it hard to decide? It will not seem hard in Heaven To have followed the steps of your Guide." I cast one look at the fields, Then set my face to the town; He said, "My child, do you yield? Will you leave the flowers for the crown?" Then into His ha...
This is not the first time i have thought of this quote, but it gets me every time and here is why: When I bought flowers for myself today I could not wipe this grin off my face, even as i walked all the way home. Completely alone... buying myself flowers... I felt like a million bucks! Every single girl or guy should treat themselves once inawhile. It started to rain on me as I walked home and my only care was for my flowers. Today's rain felt like God was being romantic and made my flowers more beautiful as little raindrops fell upon the petals. The same Word that left home with me has come back to me again today: "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Matthew 6:28b-30 While I...
Comments
Post a Comment