Keep a Quiet Heart

I can't help myself but quote Elisabeth Elliot. Her words always come so simply, so profoundly, yet practically and succinctly. A verse she wrote in her college days so speaks into mine:

"Lord, give to me a quiet heart
That does not ask to understand,
But confident steps forward in,
The darkness guided by Thy hand."

May my heart echo this little verse along with the words of a psalm:
"Why so downcast, O my soul, why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in the Lord, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior, My God."

Comments

  1. Love everything by her. Thanks for sharing her words. Hope you don't get sick of these comments because really all the posts are so spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no I really appreciate the encouragement. I just can't believe I never noticed before that you were leaving me comments. Yay! I feel legit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears