Prayers for the girl I've never met...

I was reminded by a professor the other day that in our field of Speech-Language Pathology some of our clients may not live to even 25 years of age. That is why we want to give them the best quality of life while they live.  I agreed, but as she said it an overwhelming emotion ran over me with the reminder that this is not the only life. I cannot exactly explain the feeling itself, but it was one of those times where I was grateful to God for the opportunity to speak into the lives of others and broken hearted by how much I have missed sharing the Gospel thus far.  I do not know to what extent I will be able to share the truth with my clients, but I am a Christian before I am an SLP. Of course, I want them to live full and meaningful lives on earth and being able to help them communicate will do that, but I know that apart from Christ, there will never be such a true joy in this life. I do know that in heaven my clients will be able to walk, run, sing, and praise the Name of the Lord forever and ever.  I do not just want to be a speech pathologist; I want to be someone who brings the Gospel of Light to some lives that may be darkened by the struggles of this world. Thus comes my prayer. A prayer inspired by one young girl who will die before she is 25, cannot speak or make a sound, and is slowly learning to use an "eye-gaze" technology system to communicate.  Though I've never met her, I've seen and heard about her and she unknowingly is a catalyst in this small revelation of my life...

"The prayers of this child are silent Lord
But none have missed Your sight.
Though bound in this body of earth and weight
She will one day dance in Your light.
Speechless and isolated in this life,
It's hard to trust Your ways,
Though her life may be short in this world
She'll eternally sing of Your Grace."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Hears

Overcome