His left hand is under my head And His right hand embraces me, Even when my heart is dead And all within me longs to flee. There is no place I'd rather dwell Than in the here and now, While His love holds back the fires of hell I shall turn and bow. Forgive this weak heart, my Lord, It cannot comprehend The heavenly treasure You've stored up From the beginning to the end. But here I am, merciful God, Laid bare before Your throne You strip away my poor facade And call me as Your own. Amen. These words cannot begin to express the overwhelming thankfulness in my heart tonight. -KF
My friends wanted to show me last night a little eatery/bar where they had gone the last semester. Swaby's. We were in town and they insisted that it was just a place worth walking in and around and out of. Let me say... there truly are few words to describe it. It is a place both intriguing and creepy all at the same time. Like one of those weird little shops in a scary movie where you are waiting for the dolls to come alive or something freaky to pop out at you. There are so many things to look at and ponder. In essence it is a bar-museum because the owner went around the world collecting these curiosities of the past. Most of the items are replicas of famous artifacts that are either in a museum around the world or in the new and better Swaby's of New York City. While entertaining on the surface, it was actually deeply disturbing. The only original item that was not a replica was the first ever electric chair from the Auburn Prison of New York. Displayed for all ...
Just be reminded today that He does hear and He does answer prayers. He is faithful indeed! If you've been reading my blog you know I've been complaining a bit about the work load and feeling stressed. Do I still have work ahead of me? Indeed, but I have to say prayer changes things. This morning I prayed remembering that God is who I am dependent on, not myself. That He is merciful by making me go do my work instead of giving me the day off, because in His plan He knows what fruit that work may produce. I asked Him this morning to "take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior"(see the song I posted last time). Trials shall be overcome not by looking at what we have ahead to tackle, but by looking at the Unchanging God. Our moods don't have to shift with the trials and blessings of life because if we focus on our Lord who is Steadfast and True. There are so many things I...
Comments
Post a Comment