Songs from the Heart

Wrote this one about two and a half years ago, but God just brought it to my memory recently.  Seems like this will never stop being applicable to my life...

Over and over again
I see this wretched thing,
so dead in its transgressions
unfit for eagle's wings.

And yet, You bear me up Lord
to soar with You in flight
alive and well within You,
faith strengthened by Your might.



My most recent song I am surprised to say I actually like it.
Usually I am my worst critic.  I get excited to play them for people and as soon as I do I realize I think they are lame or I hate them or something.  For someone who is very open and outgoing, I am surprised how hard it really is to share the real things, the deeper things, the songs from my heart with others without feeling very small and insignificant.  I guess on the internet it's easier because I don't have to see how my readers (if any exist) are reacting to it.  

Here it is, with inspiration from the words of Psalm 31, my song, "Commit Thy Ways":

V. 1
I am humbled by Your goodness
and Your grace that covers me.
I am lost in awe and wonder
of Your majesty.

V. 2
In You Lord,
I take refuge;
Incline Your ear to me.
Be gracious when my soul is
wasted from grief.

Chorus:
Commit my ways to the Lord,
I commit them, I commit them.
Commit my ways to the Lord,
I commit them, I commit them. (repeat)

V. 3
My desire is to serve You
and obey Your commands;
to hold fast to Your promise
in a world of sinking sands.

Chorus

Bridge:
Give me strength to fight the fight
Give me light to light the night
Let me heart take courage to wait for You

Chorus
Chorus 2:
Seal my heart for the day
that You called me, that You called me
Hide my heart away for You only, for You only
Commit my ways, commit my ways, commit my ways to the Lord....


Hope that gives some random person some encouragement tonight!

Much love xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Single Rose

Prayers for the girl I've never met...

God Hears